Saturday, March 9, 2013

Experiments: Big Boy Undies

Last week, while I was giving the boys a bath, I caught Reece peeing in a cup. He was standing up in the tub holding the cup while peeing in it. At this point I figured that if he has the control to do that, he has the control to use a toilet! Saturday was the big day, we decided to switch Reece over to big boy undies! He did pretty well over the weekend, he was better than 50% with pee, even making it through a nap. Unfortunately, he didn't do so well with the poop. He had one accident on Saturday and then just decided to hold it. He made it through Monday at daycare perfectly with no accidents, but no poop. Then on Tuesday, it came! Accidents all day long, he went though 5 pairs of undies and pants before 9 a.m.! And he had no potty use at daycare. He did pee in the toilet twice at home. Wednesday was much better with only a few accidents and finally on Saturday, it happened! Reece pooped on the toilet all on his own!
While I still expect accidents to happen, I think we are definitely reducing our diaper budget by one little butt! Yay Reece! I am definitely one proud and happy Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment