Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Few Thoughts...

I recently found out that a co-worker of a friend of mine has a 6 month old daughter who was diagnosed with cancer. I've met the co-worker a few times and have compared pregnancy notes via our mutual friend. It's the first child for both of us. Izzie's cancer is called retinoblastoma. From what I've read and heard, Izzie should be ok after treatments are finished. She will possibly be able to keep both of her eyes. I'm sure she and her family welcome any prayers and positive thoughts.

I decided to post this because it has helped me remember to keep things in perspective. I am so thankful for Reece's health as well as the health of all of my loved ones. It reminds me to enjoy the good things and not to take the time I get with my friends and family for granted. These people and these memories are what will get us through the hard times and they are also what we will look back on in the future and smile.
I figure if I can fill my "memory bank" with wonderful times, I won't have any room left for the bad ones. I hope that everyday I'll have at least one thing to look back on and smile, and hopefully most days will be filled with smiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment