Sunday, October 20, 2013

Update!

It's been quite a while! Well, we've been busy. Just for an update from one of the last posts, Reece is basically potty trained. We have occasional accidents and he still sleeps in a pull-up, but the accidents are becoming less frequent and Reece is waking up dry more often and we've even had a few successful nights in big boy underwear.
We had a very busy summer! Tyler and I had a parents-only vacation to Alaska (which was AMAZING and we definitely have to go back!), we took a family trip to South Carolina to visit Tyler's family, we finally managed to finish siding and painting the shed, and I started a new job!
The boys are doing wonderful, Reece never stops talking now! He always has something to say and impresses us often with what he knows. Blake is starting to talk and has about a handful of words he uses often. One of them is shoes, he says "soos" and he knows where they are that they go on his feet. I think it's his favorite because he loves to go outside and we always tell him that we need to put shoes on to go outside. He does everything he can to keep up with Reece.
We did have a little scare with Blake. We learned via an ambulance ride to the ER that Blake is allergic to peanuts. We had him tested for other typical allergens and peanuts were the only thing that showed up.
As Blake gets older, there's quite a bit more that they can do together and they actually get along pretty well. I hope they will always be close, and it's always better to hear them playing together than fighting!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You're back! I know what you mean about being busy, it is hard to keep up with life sometimes...let alone a blog! Loved the updates.

    ReplyDelete