Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Giving Thanks: Day 20

Today I am thankful for my step-father and step-brother. These two great guys popped into our lives right when we needed them. Al was there for me when my own father couldn't be, he stepped up for two teenage girls, which we all know is pretty impressive. Chris has been a great brother and friend and will soon become a father to my first niece! No doubt I am certainly thankful for that! I love you LaCour men and I am very thankful that you came into our lives.

2 comments:

  1. What a nice tribute, Sara. I, too, have a great step-dad, step-brother AND step-sister! It's funny how things that start out as negatives (parents divorcing) can bring so many positive outcomes in the way of new family members. It is because of my step-brother that I met Sean. What a blessing our blended families have been!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That did turn into quite a positive for you didn't it! I definitely believe in the saying "when God closes a door, he opens a window". Sometimes it may be hard to find, but most dark clouds have silver linings!

    ReplyDelete