Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Giving Thanks: Day 6

Today on Election Day, I am thankful for my right to vote as well as every right I have as a citizen of this great country. I am thankful that in this country, I am treated fairly regardless of the fact that I am a woman, half Mexican or even that I'm a little shorter than most people. I have the same rights as anyone else. I am thankful for the fact that I live in a country where my opinion counts the same as everyone else's (and I have the right to express it), I don't have to walk behind my husband, I can show my face in public without the fear of violence against me and I have the opportunity to educate myself as much (or as little) as I choose to.
I know that all of my rights were earned and are protected by many brave and courageous people, for that I am very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment