Saturday, January 14, 2012

He's Here!

We welcomed Blake Austin Morse on January 5th at 2:55 P.M. He weighed 8 lbs, 5 oz and was 20 3/4 inches long. The birth went very smoothly this time! Around 3:30 A.M., I woke up for one of my typical nightly trips to the bathroom and noticed that my once irregular contractions were becoming more regular so I decided to begin timing them. (Our electricity was out, it came back on about an hour later.) I called the night nurse close to 5 A.M. and she told us to go ahead and head over to the hospital. We arrived at the hospital around 6 and got checked in and checked since I only progressed one cm since my last OB visit (from 4 to 5 cm), the on-call OB wanted to make sure I was actually progressing and we had to wait an hour and get checked again to officially get checked in. At 7:30, my progress was checked and I was 6 cm so we were officially checked in. My IV was started and since I was already in pain (I thought it was pretty bad) I got a narcotic and my epidural shortly after. After that, it was smooth sailing! I no longer felt any pain, and other than being hungry, I was comfortable. A little after 2:00, I began to feel pressure and about 30 minutes later I began pushing. I only had to push for about 15 minutes before Blake made his debut. There were no major complications this time, I just ended up with slightly elevated blood pressure, which also happened last time and was back to normal in about a month. The hospital stay was uneventful and the hospital staff was amazing. We went home around noon on the 7th.


I'm very happy to not be pregnant anymore, I actually think I'm getting more sleep than I did before! I was happy that the circumstances allowed for my mom to be there with us when Blake arrived. I'm thrilled to have two healthy boys and to have my family home.

Mommy and Blake bonding!
The newest Morse, Blake Austin
Maw Maw and Blake
Reece enjoyed rocking in the glider!
Family!
All of my boys!
One of the sweetest things!

2 comments:

  1. Sara,
    Blake is SO cute! Congratulations on your beautiful little family. :-) Hope you all are settling in at home and glad to hear you're getting more sleep! We'll have to get together while you're off work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That sounds like fun! Since Reece is in daycare still, I'm having an easier time getting into a routine this time than I did with Reece. My in-laws are in town this week, maybe we can try to do something in the next few weeks.

      Delete