Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Returning to "normal"

We've been home for a week now, my mom left on Thursday and Tyler returns to work on Monday so we'll be getting back into a routine soon. So far, Reece has gone from completely ignoring Blake to being somewhat interested in him. Reece gives Blake kisses too when he goes to bed and when Blake cries in his bassinet, Reece goes over and peeks in on him. He occasionally sits next to us and pats Blake (we usually have to remind him to be gentle). So far, it seems to be going in a positive direction and Reece has reacted better than I expected.

I have to say this, I am so thankful to have two healthy children. I have a friend with a child diagnosed with cerebral palsy, one whose child was diagnosed with cancer in her eyes, another whose child is having brain surgery this month for a benign tumor and another pregnant friend who recently found out her baby will have a cleft palate when he is born. I know the health of my children can change without cause, but for now, I am very thankful that they are both healthy and (typically) happy and I just hope that if anything does come our way, we have the strength to deal with it.

My boys, my heart!

Reece being silly with Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment